Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blahdidy, blah, blah

Yesterday I had my first few 'episodes' I guess you'd call them. Lunch time rolled around and folks in the office started warming up their goodies and I couldn't have been more disgusted, the entire place smelled absolutely putrid to me... strangely enough at the same time I thought I might vomit I was also struck with the strong urge to devour something, anything. So I ventured out and satisfied my hunger pains with a chicken gyro and garden salsa sun chips, nothing has ever tasted so good (until I was hungry again of course). That evening I patiently awaited my husband to come home so we could eat, I was famished and couldn't for the life of me find anything appetizing in the house. Once he got home I did my best to push him out the door and we headed to Chipotle, it was delightful, however I could only eat a little more than half and I was done - then I wanted hot chocolate. Reluctantly Dan walked me into the mall to Starbucks and I got my hot coco, yumm. When we got home I continued my previous tasks, packing birthday and christmas presents and making sugar scrub. Needing to have my hot coco nearby I set it right next to the packages I was wrangling together and then it happened, OOOPS, my entire hot coco all over the floor. Literally nearly all 16oz were left and now on my floor and all over my cupboards, I was outraged. But I took it like a big girl, took a deep breath and started cleaning it up. Well now the floor needed to be scrubbed down so I got the floor cleaner and sprayed the entire floor and scrubbed my little heart out. I did finish, however by the time I was done I felt extremely nauseated and ran to the bathroom, where I then barfed up my delicious chipotle. Apparently the smell of hot coco and hardwood floor cleaner didn't fare so well with my now hyper senses.

Oi, and it's only week 6! Yes, I've come to terms with the fact that they count back from your last period so I'm officially 6 weeks along. So this is what's happenin' in my uterus as we speak:

This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape. Inside the uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones.

Amazing!

Now onto the good stuff. Dan and I have talked names before, but I was just poking around this morning and found this gem:



I was like, WTF? Really?? But it gets better... if you really like that name, they also have more suggestions:



Impressive right? That this would even show up on a list. Oi. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is America after all.

No comments: